Wilmington, NC is a coastal city near the beach in Southeastern North Carolina. I have to say…I LOVE WHERE I LIVE! Something unusual happened this week though…IT RAINED ICE!
We were all hoping for snow…but we got ice, and lots of it! Here are a few things that happened:
1. Schools were cancelled 4 consecutive days in a row. (The most in a long time!)
2. Businesses lost a lot of money.
3. The city was pretty much shutdown.
Here are a few things that we can learn from this experience:
1. There’s nothing like a community of people that care about each other.
2. Adults were able to have some play time with their kids and goof off a little.
3. When it comes down to it…we need each other!
Take a moment and be thankful for the people around you and notice how much they really do care about you!